Recognising personal best!
Academy Awards offer an effective test for your children / potential athletes as they learn to enjoy all aspects of running, jumping and throwing.
Did you know:
- Academy Awards can be used by schools and clubs to recognise and reward personal development in athletics.
- Academy Awards cater for children of all abilities from primary school upwards and help develop individual athletics skills by setting realistic targets.
- Teachers who may already use Elevating Athletics, can use Academy Awards to reward their pupils.
- Coaches can use it to support the great work done in clubs to develop core skills in running, jumping and throwing.
- Academy Awards are progressive so young athletes can climb up the scale of achievement as they develop.
Aims of Academy Awards:
- From an early age a child’s experience of athletics should integrate play with the basics of our sport – running, jumping and throwing.
- The intention of the Academy Awards programme is to offer challenges based on those core areas.
- The programme uses personal achievement as the basis for a series of challenges that use three distinct but related platforms. The three platforms will allow the school or club to maximise a child’s interest irrespective of their ability or experience.