Helping to develop your skills…
Startrack is a superb programme that helps teachers, coaches and sports leaders to provide year-round coaching and training opportunities after school, during holiday periods and at weekends.
The scheme is UKA's flagship grassroots athletics programme, aiming to give 8 to 15 year olds real athletics experiences and help them to develop skills.
Did you know?
- Jessica Ennis started her athletics career taking part in Startrack as a 10 year old!
- Startrack schemes can be run locally, organised by a range of bodies including local authority development units, clubs, schools and partnerships.
- Each scheme is led by UKA qualified coaches and they take place right across the UK.
- Every year more than 20,000 children take part in Startrack schemes.
- Startrack is a great way of helping young athletes in transition from school to club athletics.
- Startrack provides organisers with great resources so that children in their area can enjoy the best possible sporting start.
- Startrack can be used 365 Days a year, as an after school club, a holiday programme, or the basis of an athletics club's youth development programme.
- Startrack is a fun athletics experience in a safe and enjoyable environment.
- Visit the Events Calendar to find your nearest Startrack session.
How your club can benefit from hosting Startrack:
UKA and Home Country athletics bodies know that by using Startrack you can:
- Raise the profile of athletics amongst young athletes and their parents in the community.
- Introduce children to athletics in a fun and exciting format.
- Introduce athletics to minority groups or areas where staging athletics can be a challenge.
- Introduce, support and develop coaches and officials by providing a new way of experiencing this sport for the first time.
- Encourage more young people to become involved and to stay involved in athletics, with Startrack a brilliant way to help promising youngsters access other Academy Programmes.
- Helps children to improve athletic skills in a relaxed environment so they have confidence in progressing and give them the opportunity to progress their performance.